WHY we use:
- Pinning is a great way to bring your students’ attention to a particular question/topic as it will be the first post they see when opening the community
- It allows you to maximize the number of responses from students for a certain question or subject area due to the visibility of the post
- Pinning is a great way to highlight a thread of discussion from students who went above and beyond!
- By pinning your own question, you can set an exemplar of question types you want to see from your students
WHEN to use:
- Pinning should be utilized at least once a week
- Set a goal to pin one question every week
- This can either be a question you want to post related to something covered in class that you want every student to respond to, OR, this can be an outstanding question a student asked that you want everyone to see!
HOW to use:
- On the “Options” drop-down tab for that question, click “Pin this”
- The question will automatically go to the top of the curiosity feed
- This question will remain at the top until a new question has been pinned